Saturday, 19 October 2013

Stanghella

Stanghella, a marshy spot inhabited since the Neolithic Age.
After 1468 the Pisani family purchased the whole area and settled there the centre of an enormous farm that gave origin to the village.
The parish church of St. Caterina is due to the Pisani family: is was founded in 1593, rebuilt in 1664 and enlarged at the half of the 19th century.
Also worthy is Villa Centanini, degraded but with a precious large park.

The church of St. Caterina at Stanghella:
Villa Centanini at Stanghella:
The library and museum at Stanghella:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment