Saturday, 19 October 2013

Boara Pisani

The area was purchased by the Pisani family in 1469 due to the extinction of the previous owners.
The parish church of the Blessed Virgin of the Snow was built by the Pisani in 1536-63 and rebuilt, large and more beautiful, in 1648 after an Adige flood.
During the last war the church was bombed and damages were restored only in 1967. 

The church at Boara Pisani:
The Adige river at Boara Pisani:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment