Saturday, 19 October 2013

S. Elena d'Este

A mainly agrarian village that always developed around the Miari de' Cumani villa.
At first a medieval fortress, the building was enlarged and made habitable in the second half of the 17th century, then restructured as a villa in the 18th and 19th century.
The current situation was reached between the second half of the 19th century and 1920, when Jappelli was charged to realize the beautiful romantic park (concluded by Osvaldo Paoletti about 1870) with a lake and a grotto, and Achille Casanova was asked to rearrange the exterior of the palace and of all dependencies, the main front, the central hall and the other internal rooms.
The park and the villa are now open to visits (entrance must be paid).

St. Elena d'Este landscape:


Villa Miari de' Cumani at St. Elena d'Este:


No comments:

Post a Comment